Dueling Universe
Join Dueling Universe Academy....
Its currently growing up. Remember to be active.

Growing Academy- A place to learn,play,teach,test and enjoy. - Join now and be active

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
DUA is officially opened now for anyone who wants to join.

Share | 

New Ban List = New Gen Decks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 686
DUA Points : 3739

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 4
Experience:
109/130  (109/130)
Win - Lose: 36- 6

PostSubject: New Ban List = New Gen Decks   Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:55 pm

How u Doing today Dueling Universe Academy

I was looking at the new ban list on i saw that Treeborn Frog will be Semi Limited now
I dont know if that rings a bell on anybody but in one of the old formats two of the most played used to abuse of treeborn effect. I'm talkin about Perfect circle and Monarchs Control

for those who dont know the perfect circle deck. perfect circle is a Light and Darkess Dragon combined with Monarch and Destiny suport. Destiny draw will be Liimited but with 2 frogs we dont need no more the destiny suport. trade in with LADD and Barbaros will do the job. Barbaros can even be special sumon with LADD eff for a 3000 atk monster.

the frogs can be combined with creature swap to steal JD or DAD to take control of the field or with enemy controler to snatch the opponent monster with the froggy for an OTK or for a synchro. who needs mind control now Cool

Treeborn Frog eff cant even be counter by opponent oppression effect because its eff can be used as many times as u want during ur standby phase

so can u see THE POTENTIAL. Maybe the players that never faced a Perfect circle or a Monarfch Control before cant realise how anoying it can be to play against a PC or MC with 2 frogs but i can assure u one thing. forget about those blackwings and lighsworns now

maybe konami didnt realised that when they maked the new list but they oppend the door for a new Generation of perfect circles and Monarch Control.

No matter what kind of deck ur facing, u can always steal ur opponnent main monster. LADD stall ur opponent and make him waste cards and u can always use forbiden calisse to reset LADD eff. u can use barbaross to have a target to special sumon when LADD is destroy and for draw power with trade in. U can use Erald Of Creation to add LADD from ur grave to ur hand again and tribute ur two frogs for LADD XD

this is only a basic tutorial of waht this deck can do and why i think this will be the next gen top deck.

plz post ur comments i want to know ur opinion

P.S for those who never looked at the new ban list this is the official link for the new ban list
http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Last edited by Scorpion67 on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan

Male Posts : 189
DUA Points : 1181

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 1
Experience:
83/100  (83/100)
Win - Lose: 13 - 5

PostSubject: Re: New Ban List = New Gen Decks   Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:50 pm

Luckily I wasn't playing as much around the time this type of deck was being used, but im more than familiar with the combo's this type of deck is worked upon.

I have to admit 2 treeborn's almost seems like a lapse in judgment in terms of the ban-list....but if they are indeed becoming semi-limited like the list entails...then this is going to help decks in regards to running more tribute heavy monsters and make them less of dead draws to run.

Obviously Monarchs will rise once again with this change, but with the advent of various drawing cards taking a hit this ban-list; it is going to make players have to be a bit more strategy oriented when making their decks and taking into account mid-game, than simply trying to win early on with quick drawing and swarming.

This is more than likely going to give way to new decks to take advantage of what draw cards are available. Such as decks with level 8's that tend to be hard to summon normally for their given creature type; add in two treeborn's, run 3 trade-ins, 2/3 advanced draws, then maybe even cards of consonance if you use dragons.

Overall, i think this is simply going to make tribute heavy decks more viable and some two tribute monsters viable in some decks.

Aside from treeborn's, is what new draw engines are going to be invented to shine new relevance on new decks or maybe old ones. From what i can see from what is being created in terms of new cards; with treeborn at 2; it will essentialy be tribute heavy decks vs synchro decks. Fun little tussle i say...dunno what side i'd be on tho,xD

P.S- Nice little article Scorpion, kinda interested to hear peoples opinions on it myself, since all i've heard about the last month or so in regards to the ban-list is monarchs coming back<.<
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator

Duelist Information
Experience:
109/130  (109/130)

PostSubject: Re: New Ban List = New Gen Decks   Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:10 am

Quote :
Aside from treeborn's, is what new draw engines are going to be invented to shine new relevance on new decks or maybe old ones. From what i can see from what is being created in terms of new cards; with treeborn at 2; it will essentialy be tribute heavy decks vs synchro decks

Nice Deduction Jalice. with Allure and Destiny Draw Limited, Trade-In Will be one of the alternatives.I said before that maybe Konami didnt realise what they were doing wen they semi-limited treeborn frog but maybe i was wrong. Maybe they know waht they are doing and they are opening a path for the heavy tribute decks that we dont see no more now that we have the tuners and synchros

It will be fun to see old decks comming back like the ones i mentionned before and a new generation of tribute decks with high atk power and broken effects.

Back to top Go down
CED
Tester
Tester

Male Posts : 17
DUA Points : 411

Duelist Information
Experience:
8/100  (8/100)
Win - Lose: 1 - 1

PostSubject: Re: New Ban List = New Gen Decks   Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:19 am

What? This cant be! Allure and Destiny Draw are limited Evil or Very Mad !
Does are my favorite cards, good thing shor cicuit isn't limited or semi limited yet! But allure and destiny Draw are my key cards! I love to use them! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura
DUTD 2nd Runner-Up
DUTD 2nd Runner-Up

Male Posts : 560
DUA Points : 3244

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 2
Experience:
99/110  (99/110)
Win - Lose: 14 - 12

PostSubject: Re: New Ban List = New Gen Decks   Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:10 am

foolish burial become limited too ... but nevermind, dandylion become semi limited back. This means Light Sworn become a bit stronger XD

Stardust Cyan

Duelist Information
Experience:
83/100  (83/100)

PostSubject: Re: New Ban List = New Gen Decks   Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:19 pm

Yuri Bakura wrote:
foolish burial become limited too ... but nevermind, dandylion become semi limited back. This means Light Sworn become a bit stronger XD

Maybe..maybe not..they did lose lumina,cotlb,necro...so they took a hit with this new ban-list.

At the moment people are still searching for new draw engines; since people are used to the duel going 100 mph; where it may go down to like 70 with this update.

What i hope is that more attributes get some support...because at the moment..everyone relies on mainly dark att. monsters, then lights 2nd. Hopefully in the next few packs other att. get some help and so other monster choices will be viable and not solely based on their att.

Seeing more tribute decks would be nice though; that way we can see more of the monsters that haven't had a chance to shine, simply because 2 tributes is often to slow to accomplish during a duel unless you use various combo's to stack your field.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator

Duelist Information
Experience:
109/130  (109/130)

PostSubject: Re: New Ban List = New Gen Decks   Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Quote :
What i hope is that more attributes get some support...because at the moment..everyone relies on mainly dark att. monsters, then lights 2nd. Hopefully in the next few packs other att. get some help and so other monster choices will be viable and not solely based on their att.

Seeing more tribute decks would be nice though; that way we can see more of the monsters that haven't had a chance to shine, simply because 2 tributes is often to slow to accomplish during a duel unless you use various combo's to stack your field.

Wow I think u are the only one here ( Besides Me ) who realise that we are entering in a new generation of decks were the Destiny and Dark Suppport will no more be as Splashable as they used to be

I dont know about u but I'm tired to see those stupid Lightsworn ( I Never saw something as random as LS in my almost 13 years in yugioh ) played by everyone. if u dont know waht im talking about i assume that u never did Shonen Jump Tournament. LS are all Over the place. when not playing vs a LS ur playing against a zombie Sworn or a twilight

Shonen Jump Los Angeles Top 16 (1-9-2010)

5 Zombie
4 Twilight
3 Lightsworn
2 Lightsworn/Zombie
1 Blackwing
1 Gladiator Beast

Now it will be nice to see some new decks rise like Dark Simorgh Lock Down, Bazoo Etaos Stuner, Perfect Circle, Monarch Control, Beatdowns ..... and these are only some of the decks i can imagine for the Next Format.

Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan

Duelist Information
Experience:
83/100  (83/100)

PostSubject: Re: New Ban List = New Gen Decks   Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:56 pm

I would agree...

Also look at old architypes getting support and new creature types. Examples can be gravekeepers, also cyber dragon decks; both got new support to make them playable. Also plants are now a viable creature type, then if the newer elemental hero cards come out like parallel world fusion and the new attribute based fusion elemental hero's..then they can see some more play.

Overall from what i've seen since i came back to yugioh somewhat recently is how much everyone uses the exact same cards and the exact same decks....it got a bit rediculous to a point really....every deck has DAD in it, ever deck has a zombie or ls twist on it...

I do hope that more variety comes out now at least...make duels more interesting...and maybe control decks become more competitive...and every deck isnt otk decks or pure aggro decks.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan

Male Posts : 85
DUA Points : 484

Duelist Information
Experience:
23/100  (23/100)
Win - Lose: 4 - 4

PostSubject: Re: New Ban List = New Gen Decks   Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Personally, I love this change... All of it (except for the lack of draw power. Lightsworns are still playable, to be sure, but they won't be spanned quite so much anymore. I'm sick and tired of getting otk'd by JD xD. I like the whole "synchros vs. Tributes" too, bc they're my 2 fav deck types. So far I've made flamcat, monarch control and macro monarchs, and I'm working on a perfect circle one too. Only time will tell what new deck type shall reign supreme x)
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan

Duelist Information
Experience:
83/100  (83/100)

PostSubject: Re: New Ban List = New Gen Decks   Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:46 am

Blackwings are prone to dominate for awhile still yet ( to my disappointment..), but other decks are popping up due to the march banlist.

Personally though..i'm looking forward to Fable decks and infernity decks once they come out in english. Also, Would like to use Black Knight Dark once some more cards come out to english..namely get my hands on Ally Genex birdman for monarch decks...card will flat out be able to near double the use out of a monarch deck by itself...

So change is always good...and there is alot of new decks to try out as time rolls on; just a shame we're already behind the curve so to say; since we don't got the luxury of playing with cards while in japanese<.<

Not sure which I'm looking forward too more out of the two though...infernity seems cool with the handless theme....but ive seen fabled matchs..and the deck has combo's in it that will make your head spin; Only catch is...you need very level specific builds for the deck to function properly and be very experienced..otherwise you won't be able to use the full potential of the deck. Leviathan FTW, xD
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner

Male Posts : 210
DUA Points : 1024

Duelist Information
Experience:
53/110  (53/110)
Win - Lose: 25 - 8

PostSubject: Re: New Ban List = New Gen Decks   Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:48 am

I can play my favorite deck competetively now that dandylion is at two, which is my plant deck
Back to top Go down
vhoan_the_wolf
Blackrose Violet Leader
Blackrose Violet Leader

Male Posts : 154
DUA Points : 345

Duelist Information
Experience:
57/110  (57/110)
Win - Lose: 7 - 20

PostSubject: Re: New Ban List = New Gen Decks   Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:12 am

Scorpion67 wrote:

No matter what kind of deck ur facing, u can always steal ur opponnent main monster. LADD stall ur opponent and make him waste cards and u can always use forbiden calisse to reset LADD eff. u can use barbaross to have a target to special sumon when LADD is destroy and for draw power with trade in. U can use Erald Of Creation to add LADD from ur grave to ur hand again and tribute ur two frogs for LADD XD

quick thing if you are referring to haveing 2 treeborn frogs in the grave at the same time then SS both you can't here is link and ruling text

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Treeborn_Frog

If you have 2 or more "Treeborn Frogs" in your Graveyard, you can activate and resolve the effect of 1, but then you cannot activate and resolve the effect of the 2nd one because you now have a face-up "Treeborn Frog" on the field.

how ever if you add a book of moon to the deck and play it as a chain from your hand during your stand by and play him face down you can grab the 2nd treeborn because it is still the stand by and there is no other face up treeborn's Smile

Stardust Cyan

Duelist Information
Experience:
83/100  (83/100)

PostSubject: Re: New Ban List = New Gen Decks   Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:15 am

Ye, I was aware about how to use two when in the grave. For the most part..that's why you just use one. In most cases..a frog isn't going to make or break a deck..just going to have to make a monarch user actually try and not have his/her monster tributes laied out on a golden platter for them<.<

Also, Don't waste a BOM to simply pull your other frog from the grave,lol...Can't think of too many situations when you would ever waste the card to do that Razz
Back to top Go down
vhoan_the_wolf
Blackrose Violet Leader
Blackrose Violet Leader

Male Posts : 154
DUA Points : 345

Duelist Information
Experience:
57/110  (57/110)
Win - Lose: 7 - 20

PostSubject: Re: New Ban List = New Gen Decks   Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:24 am

it was just a idea if the situation has a big need for LADD ,BOM could be a big help
since there aren't many ways to quickly get two free monsters on the field at the same time for a monster that requires two tributes

Stardust Cyan

Male Posts : 85
DUA Points : 484

Duelist Information
Experience:
23/100  (23/100)
Win - Lose: 4 - 4

PostSubject: Re: New Ban List = New Gen Decks   Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:17 am

Tino The Sinner wrote:
I can play my favorite deck competetively now that dandylion is at two, which is my plant deck
cool! We should duel sometime, and maybe I'll get strategy ideas from you. I'm working in a plant side project
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ban List = New Gen Decks   

Back to top Go down

New Ban List = New Gen Decks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1