Dueling Universe
Join Dueling Universe Academy....
Its currently growing up. Remember to be active.
Dueling Universe
Join Dueling Universe Academy....
Its currently growing up. Remember to be active.
Dueling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growing Academy- A place to learn,play,teach,test and enjoy. - Join now and be active

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
DUA is officially opened now for anyone who wants to join.

Water Tactics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator
Scorpion67

Male Posts : 686
DUA Points : 3739

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 4
Experience:
Water Tactics Left_bar_bleue109/130Water Tactics Empty_bar_bleue  (109/130)
Win - Lose: 36- 6

Water Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Water Tactics   Water Tactics Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:59 pm

The Official thread for water tactics is out now. u know the control deck is comming back and water run the control very well. how do u think we should remake this deck
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator
Scorpion67

Duelist Information
Experience:

Water Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Tactics   Water Tactics Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 9:22 pm

i dont know if u know that combo but i used to run a water deck and one of my favorites combos was Fenrir with Ojama Trio. Ojama trio put 3 monsters 1000 def 0 atk on the oopponent field and those monsters are really vulnerable to Fenrir Attack so u can lock ur opponent draw phase for 3 turns
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Male Posts : 189
DUA Points : 1181

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 1
Experience:
Water Tactics Left_bar_bleue83/100Water Tactics Empty_bar_bleue  (83/100)
Win - Lose: 13 - 5

Water Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Tactics   Water Tactics Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:03 am

I used to like water based cards...but that is speaking in terms of MTG:P

In yugioh they run much differently...

One big bump for water monsters is the advent of ice barrier monsters and their new support coming out in latest packs.

However their is other types of builds you can do with existing water monsters.

One I've fiddled around with is using old staple water cards with new ones.

The main monsters in the deck I used looks a bit like this.

Deepsea Diva X2
Armed Sea Hunter X3
Spined Gillman X2
Warrior of Atlantis X3
Koa'Ki Meri Ice X2/3

Those were the basic monsters in the deck; then i added in another twist..or tried to,lol..

I use Legendary ocean to lower my monsters lvl by 1; so armed sea hunter has fodder to protect itself now; plus you can run Aegis to protect your now lvl 3 or lower monsters. You would essentialy add a field barrier or two too protect ocean and use as a reveal for Meiru Ice, then any other cont. magics you desire.

More less waters do have alot of versatility now and can be build differently.

Another build that will come up is Levia-Dragon builds using the continuous Trap you can treat as umi; while protect your monsters by removing them from play for a turn. Plus the mini Levia 4 star monster called Codarus (send umi to the grave;destroy up to two cards).

The thing with water monsters that becomes a issue is building a deck versitile enough to change with the duel and not fixate on one strategy...but maybe solid builds can be made over time; who knows:P
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator
Scorpion67

Duelist Information
Experience:

Water Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Tactics   Water Tactics Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:00 pm

Yes Codarus is definitly the best new water monster in this game and give a lot of support to the water deck. I Cant wait to have it on KC to make a new watter deck. another combo that i really like in watter decks is the Deep Sea Controler. Sumon Seep sea Diva and special sumon a sea serpent monster ( or another diva ) and play enemy controler second effect tributing the monster u special sumoned with deep sea to snatch ur opponent monster then sycnhro with ur opponent monster. it can be really anoying for ur opponent and gives u a lot of control. u can use ur opponent monster for an otk too. water decks are realy versatile and we are just scratching the surface right now Cool
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura
DUTD 2nd Runner-Up
DUTD 2nd Runner-Up
Yuri Bakura

Male Posts : 560
DUA Points : 3244

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 2
Experience:
Water Tactics Left_bar_bleue99/110Water Tactics Empty_bar_bleue  (99/110)
Win - Lose: 14 - 12

Water Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Tactics   Water Tactics Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:17 am

Basically, I used The Deepsea King and also King Of Daedalus as main card. Their effect quiet impressive as well. They two can clear field just with one turn if combine with some tactics. Try it !!!
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator
Scorpion67

Duelist Information
Experience:

Water Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Tactics   Water Tactics Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 5:56 pm

So what do you guys think about the new Umi support that we finaly got on KCVDS right now ( Codarus and The trap that count as umi i always forget the name clown ) I tried to mees around with the concept a bit and its really fun to play but nothing competitve of course. Codarus eff is really cool because he send 2 cards to the grave so he not DESTROY the cards and that is the key word that makes him pass under a lot of cards range like Stardust, Mbaas ..... but i ddint found a way to make a stable Umi deck yet Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner
Tino The Sinner

Male Posts : 210
DUA Points : 1024

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 2
Experience:
Water Tactics Left_bar_bleue53/110Water Tactics Empty_bar_bleue  (53/110)
Win - Lose: 25 - 8

Water Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Tactics   Water Tactics Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:31 pm

Scorpion67 wrote:
So what do you guys think about the new Umi support that we finaly got on KCVDS right now ( Codarus and The trap that count as umi i always forget the name clown ) I tried to mees around with the concept a bit and its really fun to play but nothing competitve of course. Codarus eff is really cool because he send 2 cards to the grave so he not DESTROY the cards and that is the key word that makes him pass under a lot of cards range like Stardust, Mbaas ..... but i ddint found a way to make a stable Umi deck yet Rolling Eyes
My friend has built a umi deck but he runs legendary ocean and it works good against most decks but gladiator kill the deck just because of war chariots
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator
Scorpion67

Duelist Information
Experience:

Water Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Tactics   Water Tactics Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Yah it can be really anoying when u go for a codarus or Levia dragon eff and u get counter by a chariot. insted of going for a 2 for 1 ur opponent get advantage instead of you. but if tou main 3 bribes in the deck u can gain advantage of the situation. If u use the Dandelius eff ( the big Levia ) send Umi to the grave and u get counter by a Chariot, u can counter back with Dark Bribe that makes ur opponent draw a card and then ur effect resolves and ur opponent have to drop the card he drew with bribe anyways. That can be cool What a Face
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Male Posts : 189
DUA Points : 1181

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 1
Experience:
Water Tactics Left_bar_bleue83/100Water Tactics Empty_bar_bleue  (83/100)
Win - Lose: 13 - 5

Water Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Tactics   Water Tactics Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:57 pm

I find that a low level water deck works best so u can use cards like Salvage to cherry pick most of your monsters back from the grave after use; such as codarus..diva,mother grizzly(your attribute searcher),spinned gilman,archon(double tribute water), etc

The water Attribute in itself could still use a bit more support to be competitive but i find they are ALOT more viable now over just running half backed ALO decks around levia or stall's with gravity.

Forgotten Temple is a big help though and a good start towards making water decks more viable.

I may try my hand at a water deck again after while and see if i can find a viable build for them..cuz like scorp...building a water deck in general isnt TOO hard...but making them competitive is a tad bit harder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Water Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Tactics   Water Tactics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Water Tactics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dueling Universe :: Downtown Domino :: Official Center-
Jump to: