Dueling Universe
Join Dueling Universe Academy....
Its currently growing up. Remember to be active.
Dueling Universe
Join Dueling Universe Academy....
Its currently growing up. Remember to be active.
Dueling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growing Academy- A place to learn,play,teach,test and enjoy. - Join now and be active

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
DUA is officially opened now for anyone who wants to join.

[Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yuri Bakura
DUTD 2nd Runner-Up
DUTD 2nd Runner-Up
Yuri Bakura

Male Posts : 560
DUA Points : 3244

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 2
Experience:
[Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast Left_bar_bleue99/110[Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast Empty_bar_bleue  (99/110)
Win - Lose: 14 - 12

[Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast Empty
PostSubject: [Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast   [Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:07 am

I got facedown royal oppression and a facedown monster and my opponent got GB.

- My opponent atk my monster, my monster destroy and he activate effect after battle phase
- I activate my royal oppression to destroy his monster by paying 800 LP so will the monster special summon the new gb monster destroy ? since that card is in deck ... and if both will destroy, do i need to pay 1600 or 800 ?

Last edited by Yuri Bakura on Sat May 01, 2010 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tarantila
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
Tarantila

Male Posts : 19
DUA Points : 625

Duelist Information
Experience:
[Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast Left_bar_bleue14/110[Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast Empty_bar_bleue  (14/110)
Win - Lose: 2 - 2

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast   [Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:47 am

Oppression working the effect not the monster summons in this situation, if your oppenent tagged the GB after u can chain Royal Oppression, Pay 800 lp and your oppenent can't special summon Gladiator Beast monsters in deck bcoz, Oppression negate the effects not the summons.

Example if your oppenent summon rescue cat can chain Royal Oppression and negate it, your oppenent cannot summon the Beast on the field bcoz Oppression negate the effect and destroy the effect monster.

"There are basically 2 ways to Special Summon a monster. The first way is with a Spell Card like "Monster Reborn", a Trap Card like "Call of the Haunted", or an Effect Monster like "Magical Scientist". The second way is built in to the monster, and Special Summons it without activating an effect, such as "Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning" or "Dark Necrofear". "Royal Oppression" can negate both of these types of Special Summon. In the first case, you chain the activation of "Royal Oppression"’s effect to the activation of the Spell, Trap, or Monster Card’s effect, and negate the effect. In the second case, right before the monster is Special Summoned, you can activate the effect of "Royal Oppression" to negate the Special Summon (the same procedure that you use for "Horn of Heaven" or "Solemn Judgment").

Example 1: If "Marauding Captain" is Normal Summoned, its effect activates. You can chain to this effect by activating the effect of "Royal Oppression". The effect of "Marauding Captain" is negated, no monster is Special Summoned, and the "Marauding Captain" is destroyed. (The monster your opponent intended to Special Summon with the effect of "Marauding Captain" remains in his hand.)"
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner
Tino The Sinner

Male Posts : 210
DUA Points : 1024

Duelist Information
Experience:
[Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast Left_bar_bleue53/110[Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast Empty_bar_bleue  (53/110)
Win - Lose: 25 - 8

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast   [Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:12 pm

Yuri Bakura wrote:
I got facedown royal oppression and a facedown monster and my opponent got GB.

- My opponent atk my monster, my monster destroy and he activate effect after battle phase
- I activate my royal oppression to destroy his monster by paying 800 LP so will the monster special summon the new gb monster destroy ? since that card is in deck ... and if both will destroy, do i need to pay 1600 or 800 ?

so your opponent has a Gladiator Beast monster that attacked. This is how it works.
At the end of the battle phase he returns his monster back to his deck, to special summon another gladiator.
the monster returning to the deck is a cost, you cannot negate that.
After this you chain your royal oppression and pay 800
the monster that returned to the deck gets negated but it doesnt get destroyed.
Cards in the deck cannot be destroyed so the monster remains in the deck.
If you wait until your opponent has the new gladiator out, then it would be too late for you to activate royal oppression because oppression negates the effect that special summons, not the special summon itself.

What tarantila was talking about is that there are monsters that special summon themselves, we call those special summons inherent special summons. in this case you activate oppression when your opponent special summons the monster, the monster is not considered to have been on the field, so they cant activate their monsters eff.

There are also monsters that special summon other monsters like gladiators, rescue cat, etc, there are also spells and traps that special summon monsters, in this case you chain to that cards activation, but remember that they have to pay the cost first. Also since the card get negated, the monster never gets special summoned.
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura
DUTD 2nd Runner-Up
DUTD 2nd Runner-Up
Yuri Bakura

Male Posts : 560
DUA Points : 3244

Duelist Information
Experience:
[Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast Left_bar_bleue99/110[Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast Empty_bar_bleue  (99/110)
Win - Lose: 14 - 12

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast   [Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 1:08 pm

I finally understand, thanks both of you for a good explanation xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast   [Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Solved] Royal Oppression VS Gladiator Beast
Page 1 of 1