Dueling Universe
Join Dueling Universe Academy....
Its currently growing up. Remember to be active.
Dueling Universe
Join Dueling Universe Academy....
Its currently growing up. Remember to be active.
Dueling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growing Academy- A place to learn,play,teach,test and enjoy. - Join now and be active

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
DUA is officially opened now for anyone who wants to join.

X-Saber Guide

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Male Posts : 189
DUA Points : 1181

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 1
Experience:
X-Saber Guide Left_bar_bleue83/100X-Saber Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (83/100)
Win - Lose: 13 - 5

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:18 pm

Well I figured it was about time I did an article myself since I'm yet to do one personally. The theme of this article is going to be...

~X-Sabers~

I. Introduction

Not much to cover here but the below Lore will explain their beginning existence.

"The monster series was Released in the Duel Terminal Series; Which has introduced a variety of new archetypes. The difference with X-sabers is they were the first monster archetype of the Duel Terminal series to receive spell and trap support in "Gottoms Emergency Call". They also became the first archetype from the duel terminal series to receive a TGC- exclusive card in "XX-Saber Gardestrike"."

Now we can move on to more useful info :p

II. Archetype Overview

Currently, X-Sabers are considered a Tier one capable Archetype...which says alot given where they originally came from to start.

To date, The archetype is STILL receiving further support..which is only going to further cement this archetype as a competitive deck against the current meta-game.

As for the archetype itself; It's most notorious for being able to discard cards from your opponents hand at will, but also have the ability to swarm rather effectively.

Overall this archetype does find its way into various hybrids..which only supports its credibility as a top tier deck.

III. Monster Overview

In This section we'll cover some of the monsters in the series and their usefulness. For the sake of space and time, I'll only summarize the more useful cards of the archetype.

\/Monsters\/

X-Saber Airbellum
X-Saber Guide 180px-X-SaberAirbellumHA01-EN-SR-LE

By far this is the most useful of the X-saber monsters IMHO. Being that it is a level three tuner and searchable with the rescue cat engine; This card see's itself in more than simply X-saber decks. Overall you will almost always run 3 of these in a X-Saber deck.

X-Saber Galahad
X-Saber Guide 180px-X-SaberGalahadDT01-EN-DRPR-DT

This card USED to see more use when the archetype was first released, But it's since been removed for better tech more less. When it was being used..it served alone as a beater for the deck and a ROTA target along with fulhelmknight. You probably wont see this card used much anymore except on occasion depending on a deck build perhaps.

X-Saber Urbellum
X-Saber Guide 180px-X-SaberUrbellumHA01-EN-ScR-LE

One of the couple X-Saber synchro monsters. This card does see use outside of the X-Saber build, but basically is a situational card to bring out if the opportunity presents itself for his effect to be used. Overall a ok card...but his attack makes him a lesser choice for a level 7 synchro.

XX-Saber Emmersblade
X-Saber Guide 180px-XX-SaberEmmersbladeABPF-EN-Sc

The main searcher of the archetype and also very useful overall for the deck to speed it up. For those that find this card a tad bit expensive to obtain in real life can turn to the less expensive tech in giant rat to "roughly" search out most of the same monsters from the deck. Solid card overall and is usually ran in two's or three's.

XX-Saber Faultroll
X-Saber Guide 180px-XX-SaberFaultrollANPR-EN-SR-1

In some ways...this could be considered the heart of the deck, being what it is capable of. More less his ability to be special summoned by simply having two X-Sabers on the field is amazing, not to mention easy. Also being able to revive a level 4 or lower X-Saber once per turn...definitely makes this card worth its weight in gold.

XX-Saber Fulhelmknight
X-Saber Guide 180px-XX-SaberFulhelmknightANPR-EN-

I must Admit this is probably my favorite card of the X-Saber archetype. His effect to negate a attack once while it is on the field for ANY of your monsters is simply nice. Also..this card combined with BOM is great combo to make use of. Overall..this card is used for its versatility more less, and makes for a great first turn normal summon.

XX-Saber Garsem
X-Saber Guide 180px-XX-SaberGarsemABPF-EN-R-1E

This card is basically what replaced Galahad in a basic X-Saber deck. The card itself has potential when you swarm the field so its attack can reach as high as 2200 with 4 other X-Sabers on the field. Plus you can get some use from the card if it happens to get mirror forced or torrentialed,etc You can search out any X-saber from your deck..most likely faultroll; Unless the situation calls for otherwise.

XX-Saber Gottoms
X-Saber Guide 180px-XX-SaberGottomsCT06-EN-ScR-LE

In some ways..this card should be considered the victory cigar of the deck; Since when getting this card out...it usually entails you discarding hefty amount of cards from you opponents hand. Plus often overlooked is his 3100 atk...which more less can bull over most any monster card used currently.

XX-Saber Hyunlei
X-Saber Guide 180px-XX-SaberHyunleiABPF-EN-UR-1E

This is the third and last synchro monster of the archetype as it currently stands. Th is probably by far one of the most useful backrow clearers out there. Upon synchro summoning..this card can destroy up to a amazing THREE magic//traps on your opponents side of the field. For the most part you will be able to bring this out with emmersblade and one of the many level 3 synchros in the deck.

XX-Saber Ragigura
X-Saber Guide 180px-XX-SaberRagiguraANPR-EN-C-1E

Some new to the archetype may look at this card and wonder how useful it can honestly be. Those familiar with the archetype however...know full well how useful this card can be in the deck. This card will usually be used to retrieve discarded faultrolls from your grave...but also and most importantly is a important link in the gottems discard loop...which..if your able to pull off..usually spells "GG" for your opponent....unless of course...he just can't spell...in which case he should stick to pokemon or something....moving on..

XX-Saber Gardestrike
X-Saber Guide 180px-XX-SaberGardestrikeANPR-EN-Sc

This card will usually find its way into a X-Saber deck...but X-Saber users will sometimes debate how many to actually run. For me personally...I've tried running 2...but find them to be dead draws...So I would lean towards one if you plan to use him..since it can be a tad situational at times..more so if drew early in the duel.

X-Saber Palomuro
X-Saber Guide 180px-X-SaberPalomuroDT01-EN-DNPR-D

This may see more use once the further support comes out. This can simply serve as a pinch tuner or defense monster during the duel if its in the grave. It's overall use will be determined once the new support comes out and see how much synergy it turns out having.

XX-Saber Boggart Knight
X-Saber Guide XX-SaberBoggartKnightTSHD-EN-ScR

Last but not least...The newest card to the ever growing Archetype. For those not Familiar with this card just yet...his effect basically allows you to special summon a level 4 or lower X-Saber monster from your hand when normal summoned. Only catch to the card is it can't be used for the synchro summon of anything other than a X-Saber monster. Overall all..that's not to bad of a draw back honestly...being a 1900 beater and making use of his first effect...this card will definitely become a staple for every X-Saber deck I would imagine.

XX-Saber Darksoul
X-Saber Guide 180px-XX-Saber_Darksoul

If this card you control is sent to the Graveyard, during the End Phase, you can add 1 "X-Saber" monster from your Deck to your Hand.

A Level 3 Beast with a perfect effect....can you say Rescue Cat? ...no really...can you...because I'm becoming increasingly concerned about the literacy rate of people in these forums<.<

Seriously though...are sabers overpowered enough yet or should we wait till they get their own Judgment Dragon, Cuz I can wait Rolling Eyes

It's pretty obvious though what they intended this card to be used with...question is..what else are X Sabers going to get?

IV.Magic and Trap Overview

Now that More of the X-Saber support is in KCVDS, I will Cover a few of their more USEFUL cards...so please don't flame me cuz I don't cover a card like...sword of sparkles.....only brings back bad memories....the "Twilight" movie comes to mind here Rolling Eyes

Saber Slash ~Normal Magic~
X-Saber Guide 180px-SaberSlashANPR-EN-SR-1E

You will normally see one too two copies of this in a X-Saber deck. This can be used for as small as a one for one card or could be pivital in changing the advantage in the duel to your favor. This card however has the unfortunate downside of which you MAY have to destroy one of your own cards upon resolution...if the number of face-up cards change..hence requiring you to destroy one of your own cards. BOM comes to mind here.

Gottom's Emergency Call ~Normal Trap~
X-Saber Guide 180px-GottomsEmergencyCall5DS2-EN-C

This is going to be a key support card during a duel to help you swarm your field..but more importantly set up for more combo's to turn the tide in a duel..or finish off your opponent. For the most part..this is the X-Saber's monster revival card.

Saber Hole ~Normal Trap~
X-Saber Guide 180px-SaberHoleABPF-EN-C-1E

This card can and will annoy your opponent. This counter trap is basically your own solemn for the deck against monsters. This card may not completely make Bottomless trap hole obsolete in the main deck, But additional monster destruction sure helps; plus it being a counter trap makes this amazing.

Saber Vault ~Field Spell~
X-Saber Guide 091TSHD-EN086_SR040610b

This cards effect is as follows. "All "X-Saber" monsters gain ATK equal to their Level x100 and lose DEF equal to their Level x100." This Card will Give sabers a needed boost in atk to help maintain presence on the field. If you can get this field in play..it will make your swarming neh un-stoppable. Gottoms will be a 4k beater..faultroll 3k beater..airbellum 1900 beater....you get the point. Think this may beg the question now... are X-Sabers maybe heading towards being OP..?

V. Deck Types

To My knowledge..there are Three viable Builds with X-Sabers.

X-Saber Deck- A pretty normal build with roughly pure X-Saber monsters..outside of the few tech cards like Gorz,etc

SaberSworn- A fairly popular build..ment more for speed..since X-Sabers do require some cards in the grave for the deck to work efficiently.

FlameSabers- Lets admit..the name itself sounds cool :p Anyways...this is probably the most popular hybrid..ahead of sabersworn. Unfortunately...this build may begin to slightly disapear once the flamevell engine hit's the banlist...which it very will may.

VI. Gottom's Discard Loop

Instead of bombarding people will a wall of words...I'll simply list the cards needed and generally what you will be doing.

Cards needed - Level 3 X-Saber tuner X1,XX-Saber Ragigura X1, XX-Saber faultroll X2

To start..simply have a Level 3 X-saber tuner on the field and ragigura + 2 faultrolls in your hand.

Basically All you have to do to perform the loop is sync your level 3 tuner with one faultroll in your hand to get out XX-Saber Gottom's.

Once you do that, You SHOULD have Ragigura and Gottom's on your field at this time, Also the 2nd faultroll..otherwise..summon it now while you have two X-sabers on the field.

Basically once you have those three cards on the field; Sack off ragigura for gottom's effect...use faultroll to get back ragigura from the grave...use his effect to get your other faultroll from the grave...and simply continue to summon the new faultroll and sack the old one and ragigura for Gottom's effect.

Overall..if you can pull this off...you will usually win the duel. This doesn't mean the opponent can't make a comeback, But being able to make your opponent more than likely start top decking does turn the tables strickly in your favor.

VII. Conclusion

Well..that's about it..and sums up the current X-Saber archetype and most cards in it..least the more useful ones,heh

Anyhow, thx again as usual for reading and hope you had fun in the process.

P.S- Please forward any Pokemon related hate mail to my Hotmail account; where being....all my junk mail goes....so your E-mail should feel right at home Laughing

~Jalice~

Last edited by JaliceDakari on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:04 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator
Scorpion67

Male Posts : 686
DUA Points : 3739

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 4
Experience:
X-Saber Guide Left_bar_bleue109/130X-Saber Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (109/130)
Win - Lose: 36- 6

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Wow i always wanted to know about how to run an X-Saber deck and i think i wont find a guide like this anywhere else. Nice article bro. its true that X-sabers sworns are making their way to be tier 1 soon thats why i wanted to learn a little bit more about this deck archtype. I hope Kaibacorp is working on adding more cards to their KCVDS because i realy wana try this deck.

And what can i say about the gottoms loop, INSANE Twisted Evil Thx for the tips buddy. but do u think that we can make another variant for this deck. i mean zombies are maybe the most versatile archtype right now. u can play Zombie DAD , Zombie Chaos, Zombie Sworn etc..... lightsworns fit well in x sabers but can we mix it something else. what do u think
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:26 pm

I'm sure you probably could if you tried. I haven't personally seen zombies as a hybrid to X-Sabers yet, but I dont' see why they wouldn't be able to be used.

Way I figure it, as X-Sabers become more popular; I'm sure more builds will begin to pop up and come about.
I wouldn't mind trying zombies myself since the amount of tuners in a X-saber deck would allow a fair amount of Synchro summoning. If I test it out, I can let you know how it worked.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator
Scorpion67

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:52 pm

now that we are talking about that, some zombies are earth attribute and zombies can be played control too. zombies and x sabers have big swarming abilities. I think we are getting somewere here. if we can find a way to combine those two sarming abilities maybe we can make a Gottom Zombie

I'm a big zombie player, I play zombie since they came out so I know eveything about them and i can remember i made a Zombie City Deck. I used Zombie World combined zombie master and il blud effects to get my elemental heroes from the graveyard for the fusion. that engine can be used in a lot of decks, why not in the X-Sabers
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:05 am

Haha...ye I'm aware of a few being of earth attribute. (Mezuki comes to mind here as a key card)

For the time being I'm using a traditional X-saber deck since running Sabersworn would be a bit hard at the moment without Gottoms Call.

I'm willing to work with you though on a zombie Gottoms deck if you want to try it out; Though I would add I get enough synchro summoning with my deck how it is already,lmao..

If you want a idea of the general Recipe I'm playing with atm, it more less looks like this.

Monsters (19)

XX-Saber Ragigura X2
XX-Saber Fulhelmknight X3
XX-Saber Guardestrike X2
XX-Saber Faultroll X3
X-Saber Airbellum X3
Rescue Cat
Ryko
Gorz
Giant Rat X2
Legendary Jujitsi Master

Magic (11)

Heavy Storm
Giant Trunade
MST
Mind Control
Brain Control
BOM X2
One for One
Saber Slash
Pot Of Avarice
Smashing Ground

Traps (11)

Mirror Force
Torrential Tribute
BTH X2
Call of the Haunted
Solemn Judgement
Trap Dustshoot
Reckless Greed X3
Interdimentional Matter Transporter

Overall a few of the cards in there are simply fillers for missing a couple cards in KC, but the deck works ok for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator
Scorpion67

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:17 am

yes When i look at it i can see mezuki ZM and Il blud in it with Zombie World and some sworns. if we can build a solide Sabers / Zombie / Sworn Razz i can just imagine the face of the opponent when u bring them out Suspect i will work on ir this week, maybe ill find something, maybe zombies are not the best choice. matybe i will find another archtype compatible with Sabers, who knows, sky is the limit Cool
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:45 am

This Guide is now officially updated and filled with current info to my knowledge. Any improvements and suggestions are accepted and you will receive credit on my guide for them. Thank you

Also, The last Deck I listed in previous post's is outdated in terms of KC. This would be a more updated KC playable Build.

Feel free to Copy this Recipe and use it how you like Razz

Monsters ( 20 )

* 3 X-Saber Airbellum
* 3 XX-Saber Faultroll
* 1 XX-Saber Gardestrike
* 3 XX-Saber Fulhelmknight
* 2 XX-Saber Ragigura
* 1 Rescue Cat
* 3 XX-Saber Emmersblade
* 1 Sangan
* 2 XX-Saber Garsem
* 1 Summoner Monk

Magic ( 8 )

* 1 One for One
* 1 Heavy Storm
* 1 Mystical Space Typhoon
* 1 Foolish Burial
* 1 Mind Control
* 1 Brain Control
* 1 Saber Slash
* 1 Lightning Vortex

Traps ( 12 )

* 2 Gottoms' Emergency Call
* 2 Bottomless Trap Hole
* 1 Torrential Tribute
* 3 Saber Hole
* 1 Mirror Force
* 1 Solemn Judgment
* 2 Threatening Roar

P.S- This build does not reflect my actual Deck I use, but is a basic and playable recipe for those that wish to test out the archetype Cool
Back to top Go down
vhoan_the_wolf
Blackrose Violet Leader
Blackrose Violet Leader
vhoan_the_wolf

Male Posts : 154
DUA Points : 345

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 2
Experience:
X-Saber Guide Left_bar_bleue57/110X-Saber Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (57/110)
Win - Lose: 7 - 20

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 11:50 pm

what if you played a dragon x-saber there are a few cycle's for dragons like using white stones for any and all discarding eff to get blue eyes Smile mask dragons can also get out a stone on the filed and so many others i think it could be a good splash in or maybe even monarchs Smile
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 8:32 am

vhoan_the_wolf wrote:
what if you played a dragon x-saber there are a few cycle's for dragons like using white stones for any and all discarding eff to get blue eyes Smile mask dragons can also get out a stone on the filed and so many others i think it could be a good splash in or maybe even monarchs Smile

Well there is little actual discarding from YOUR hand when using a X-saber deck..as all the discarding is being done to your opponent; So white stones in a X-Saber deck wouldn't work...If im understanding you right.

Monarchs..they would be best in their own kind of deck..I'm not overly certain they would have much use in the actual archetype since it runs quickly and is ment to swarm..playing monarchs would lend more to a control type deck...but maybe even slow the deck down...would have to actually test a monarch or two to see if there is any plausibility to the theory.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator
Scorpion67

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 3:48 pm

X-Sabers are one of the archtypes decks that need a graveyard in order to be effective. wath i mean by graveyard is that they need some monsters in the graveyard to be effective and create loops or combos and Blue eyes and the stone are not on the list of the monsters they need in the grave Neutral

Now Jalice for ur deck recipe, i think u definitly need a 2nd Saber slash and maybe a POA or 2 because what is really broken with X-sabers is that u after almonst each combo or Loop u can play POA and redo it again. maybe you should consider that
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
Harper7000

Male Posts : 85
DUA Points : 484

Duelist Information
Experience:
X-Saber Guide Left_bar_bleue23/100X-Saber Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (23/100)
Win - Lose: 4 - 4

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:24 pm

so, for a while now, i've been trying to make an x-saber deck for my friend, but i usually focus on decks that swarm from the deck, and i'm not as experienced in making decks that need to mill themselves first. the deck i made is okay, just not great, and the lists you put will already help. but i do have a question: he wants the deck to focus a lot on synching, so should i put in some non-x-saber level 3 or lower beasts for rescue cat, or just let rescue cat just be used for milling? or maybe there's some level 3 or lower beast x-sabers besides airbellum that i don't know about?
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner
Tino The Sinner

Male Posts : 210
DUA Points : 1024

Duelist Information
Experience:
X-Saber Guide Left_bar_bleue53/110X-Saber Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (53/110)
Win - Lose: 25 - 8

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:27 am

Scorpion67 wrote:
X-Sabers are one of the archtypes decks that need a graveyard in order to be effective. wath i mean by graveyard is that they need some monsters in the graveyard to be effective and create loops or combos and Blue eyes and the stone are not on the list of the monsters they need in the grave Neutral

Now Jalice for ur deck recipe, i think u definitly need a 2nd Saber slash and maybe a POA or 2 because what is really broken with X-sabers is that u after almonst each combo or Loop u can play POA and redo it again. maybe you should consider that

saber slash sometimes gets stuck in your hand when your opponent only plays face down cards, If your opponent plays a bunch of continuous spells and traps is a great card though, and opponents monsters are easy to get rid off by just attacking.

PoA contradicts gottom's emergency call, gottom's emergency call is a broken card if u can meet the condition, with so many players playing airbellum now its easier to meet gottom's emergency call condition and you can revive their fallen airbellum or even better u can chain it to their PoA so they dont get any eff out of it. I would seriously consider about running three gottom's emergency call.
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner
Tino The Sinner

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:31 am

Harper7000 wrote:
so, for a while now, i've been trying to make an x-saber deck for my friend, but i usually focus on decks that swarm from the deck, and i'm not as experienced in making decks that need to mill themselves first. the deck i made is okay, just not great, and the lists you put will already help. but i do have a question: he wants the deck to focus a lot on synching, so should i put in some non-x-saber level 3 or lower beasts for rescue cat, or just let rescue cat just be used for milling? or maybe there's some level 3 or lower beast x-sabers besides airbellum that i don't know about?
in my opinion the best level 2 non tuner target for rescue cat is ryko, lightsworn hunter, it not only destroys a card your opponent controls but it also mills, best level three non tuner targets would have to be Des Koala which does burn damage and Neo-Spacian Dark Panther which copies the effect and name of a monster your opponent controls until the end of the turn.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator
Scorpion67

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:39 am

Quote :
PoA contradicts gottom's emergency call, gottom's emergency call is a broken card if u can meet the condition, with so many players playing airbellum now its easier to meet gottom's emergency call condition and you can revive their fallen airbellum or even better u can chain it to their PoA so they dont get any eff out of it. I would seriously consider about running three gottom's emergency call.

Yeah its true that Gottoms Emergency Call needs a graveyard to be effective amd PoA can obstruct that from happended, i should have tought better before post that Razz

now for Beasts, Super-Nimble Mega Hamster is another anoyuing beat monster, he can go search for ryko in face down position, that card is used on Flaming Synchro cat decks
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:17 am

The super hamster is a optional tech if you have space for it..but usually the deck is speedy enough as it is..if you build it right. In most cases ryko is usualy used stand alone in a X-Saber deck as a extra target for Rescue cat..as your aribellums may get used up during the match by the time you draw into summoner monk or the cat and you need a 2nd target in the deck to use cat's effect.

also..regarding the graveyard. X-Sabers does require cards in the grave to function at a top tier speed. So usually it won't be till a few turns into the match when you begin to get more combo heavy with the deck. Unless you run the sabersworn varient of course...which is quicker...but personally I hate relying on random milling to get the cards I need..since you can lose vital cards as well during the mill.

As for rescue cat targets in general...usualy the 3 airbellums and a single ryko is the only targets you need. Honestly...cat is a early game tech to simply speed the deck up to get bellums in the grave and set up a quick synchro...by mid game..its a bit useless; Given you probably used up your targets by then and the cards you need are already in the grave.
Same thing goes for what scorp mentioned about pot of avarice. It IS a optional tech...but it is highly un-needed since Gottom's E-call will cherry pick back what you need...get back ragigura's and you can return more cards to your hand...so ye..

Lastly, Regarding the Recipe i listed. Like stated; that isn't my actual deck..but simple a Recipe for those to try out that maybe haven't tried a X-saber deck before. If it was my real deck...I would have to minus a handful of cards out the deck Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner
Tino The Sinner

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:54 pm

In my opinion what an Xsaber deck needs most is some mass destruction protection. Some way to protect all the combos that this deck can do. Has anyone thought about splashing a gale so just so you can get this guy out with an emmersblade
Underground Arachnid 2400/1200 level 6
1 DARK Tuner + 1 no/n-Tuner Insect-Type monster.
If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate any Spell or Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. Once per turn, you can equip 1 face-up monster your opponent controls to this card as an Equip Card. If this card would be destroyed by battle, you can destroy the monster equipped to this card by its effect instead. (You can only equip 1 monster at a time to this card.)
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:19 pm

It would indeed be a interesting tech. Wither or not a Gale fits in or not though is the issue. His effect is great, but given you have so many tuners in a X-Saber deck...be funny you turn out having to many tuners and not enough regular monsters,xD

Is a thought though; I've personally never seen arachnid used...though I was well aware what the card is. Guess emmersblade being insect is just a nice coincidence Razz
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner
Tino The Sinner

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:41 pm

In worst case scenario you can take out a fulhelmknight for a gale. which is not a bad trade off
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 11:54 pm

tino wrote:
In worst case scenario you can take out a fulhelmknight for a gale. which is not a bad trade off

True enough. Once boggart knight comes out though..fulhelm will most likely be replaced completely and teched with palomuro, and pashuul to get out lvl 5 and 6 syncs respectively.

I am trying out the gale tech though atm; havent got out a arachnid yet in the few duels ive done, but I'm sure I will...will be funny just for the "omgz..." response from my opponent. haha
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner
Tino The Sinner

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:32 am

well palomuro and pashuul are already out in kaiba corps so you can start playing them
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:46 am

tino wrote:
well palomuro and pashuul are already out in kaiba corps so you can start playing them

Ye, but im debating on wither i should wait for shinning darkness and boggart knight to come out first. For the time being I do ok side teching cards like card trooper to speed things along, but I would like to replace those kinda cards eventually.

I've personally used pretty basic X-Saber builds though, So im not overlly sure what I would take out for them and how well they would actually run atm if i used them. My Saber deck as it is now runs pretty quick, So i would hate to slow that down any.
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 8:55 pm

*Updated as of 04/07/2010*

Update Info

*Updated with new card teaser from shinning darkness for X-Sabers. "Saber Vault"
Please Check under the Magic & Trap Section of my Article for further information.

Thank You

~Jalice~
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Duelist Information
Experience:

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:05 am

*Updated*

*Added: "XX-Saber Darksoul"

Another new X-Saber card to come out in shinning darkness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

X-Saber Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: X-Saber Guide   X-Saber Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

X-Saber Guide
Page 1 of 1