Dueling Universe
Join Dueling Universe Academy....
Its currently growing up. Remember to be active.
Dueling Universe
Join Dueling Universe Academy....
Its currently growing up. Remember to be active.
Dueling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growing Academy- A place to learn,play,teach,test and enjoy. - Join now and be active

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
DUA is officially opened now for anyone who wants to join.

Inca Archetype Guide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Male Posts : 189
DUA Points : 1181

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 1
Experience:
Inca Archetype Guide Left_bar_bleue83/100Inca Archetype Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (83/100)
Win - Lose: 13 - 5

Inca Archetype Guide Empty
PostSubject: Inca Archetype Guide   Inca Archetype Guide Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:21 am

Hello everyone

First off, I want to Thank you for deciding to read my article and hopefully you are not bored by reading it Razz
Now, Similar to my last article, I plan to cover and explain this archetype and try to describe the basic's of the archetype from the knowledge I have of them.
Lets continue on now shall we..

~Introduction~

The Inca Archetype was released in Absolute Powerforce As the last deck used by the Dark Signer Rex Goodwin In the 5D Anime. The Archetype is roughly Based upon the Incan civilization and ancient mythology.
Thats the basic lore as it refers to this archetype, and for the most part...the cards in the set do resemble Aztec themes.
outside of that..there isn't much else to note sadly...so lets move on Razz

~Archetype Overview~

Overall this Archetype is not very big in terms of support and monsters, But they do fine with what they have to work with. One Big selling point for the Archetype is that all of their monsters effect's (except for one) activate from the graveyard; So that leaves room for some useful strategy in the deck..*cough* Skill Drain *Cough*

Also, This deck has a very Interesting infinite loop that can done by using the two synchro Monsters that are also a part of this Archetype; Not to mention they just look cool for the most part,xD

This deck has the capabilities to pump out synchro monsters pretty easily...as well as recycle the cards you use for those synchro's.
This deck will primarily focus on Level 6 and Level 8 synchro's...so that is what alot of your extra will be comprised of roughly.

~Archetype Card Overview~

Now I'll cover the cards that comprise this Archetype and what they do.

Apocatequil
Inca Archetype Guide 180px-ApocatequilABPF-EN-C-1E

This Monster will serve as your only beater for the deck, But is better served for its effects. It can be treated as a level 5 while you control a face-up tuner; which is key for this deck. Plus you can special summon Oracle of the sun from your grave upon him being destroyed. Great card overall so you don't have to stack the deck with a plethora of Level 5 tuners.

Fire Ant Ascator
Inca Archetype Guide 180px-FireAntAscatorABPF-EN-C-1E

One of two of the main tuners of the deck. This card will be used to synchro summon one of your two synchro monsters for the deck. It's effect will allow you to special summon a level 5 monster from your grave until end of turn upon being destroyed. So worst case scenario...you set him for defense and special summon a second defense card after being destroyed that turn. Staple in this deck.

Supay
Inca Archetype Guide 180px-SupayABPF-EN-C-1E

The second of the main tuners in this deck. This card will be used to synchro summon the 2nd of the main synchro monsters of the deck. His effect allows you to special summon oracle of the sun from your deck and double its atk until end of turn if he is destroyed by a card eff; Oracle would return to your hand at the end of that turn. So situationaly you can pull oracle from your deck and have a 2k beater for that turn; Then special summon oracle next turn since it opens your field upon being returned. Staple in this deck.

Oracle of the Sun
Inca Archetype Guide 180px-OracleoftheSunABPF-EN-SR-1E

This is one of the main cards cards in the deck, being that it is searchable with the other monsters of the archetype. This card can be special summoned like cyber dragon and also is a level 5; Which is very important. Also..upon being destroyed; You can search your deck for a Supay or Fire Ant Ascator and add it to your hand. Overall staple in the deck and helps search your primary tuners.

Moon Dragon Quilla
Inca Archetype Guide 180px-MoonDragonQuillaABPF-EN-UR-1E

This is one of the two main synchro monsters in the deck. His first effect to gain lifepoints when attacked by a monster is nice, But if you run skill drain in the deck like most do; His second effect is what you will be abusing. His second effect allows you to special summon Sun Dragon Inti from your graveyard upon being destroyed. Now on to the 2nd synchro monster.

Sun Dragon Inti
Inca Archetype Guide 180px-SunDragonIntiABPF-EN-UR-1E

This is the second of the two synchro monsters this deck is based on. His first effect is a tad better than Moon Dragon in that if this card is destroyed by battle; Your opponents monster gets destroyed and he takes direct damage equal to half of his monsters attack, But...much like Moon Dragon..if you run skill drain..then his second effect is also what you will be abusing. His second effect allows you to Special Summon Moon Dragon Quilla from your grave upon being destroyed during your standby phase. You may not get Moon dragon ASAP upon Inti being destroyed..but it does make for a Infinite loop between the two whenever either is destroyed.

Call of the Reaper
Inca Archetype Guide 180px-CalloftheReaperABPF-EN-C-1E

This is the only "Official" support for the deck, but is still useful. When a Monster(s) is special summoned from your graveyard, You can special Summon one Fire Ant Ascator or Supay from your graveyard. Given this deck does run a cycle through the graveyard in most cases; This card can help you get back your tuners for further synchro summoning.

~Un-Official Support Cards~

This deck may not have much in terms of "official" Support, But there is alot of cards that work well with this archetype. I'll cover a few of them here, but only the more purgnit cards for the sake of time and space.

Skill Drain
Inca Archetype Guide 180px-SkillDrainGLD1-EN-C-LE

One very useful card in the deck to help make it a tad more competitive. Given most of the entire deck works from the graveyard (Including your synchro loop), You will primarily be un-effected by skill drain and be able to work around it without issue.

Imperial Iron Wall
Inca Archetype Guide 180px-ImperialIronWallSDZW-EN-C-1E

This is considered to be a staple in the deck to protect your loop from being interrupted, but also helps protect your graveyard in general. Also it can help overall against macro decks and just general cards like BTH,D-Prison,etc

Cyber Dragon & The Tricky
Inca Archetype Guide 180px-CyberDragonDTP1-EN-DRPR-DTInca Archetype Guide 180px-TheTrickyTDGS-EN-R-1E

These two monsters will generally be used as your Supplement level 5 monsters for getting out your two synchro monsters. Overall the cards are splashable and given you have alot of discard fodder with this deck; Tricky fits right in..and cyber being set too two from the recent ban-list makes him that much better to run in this deck.

For the Sake of Space, I'll list some other cards useful for the deck, but will not be explain them and let you find their use in the deck yourself. Afterall, I'm not building a deck for perspective readers..just giving you info Rolling Eyes

1.) Temple of the Sun
2.) One for One
3.) Ancient Forest
4.) Instant Fusion
5.) Wicked Rebirth
6.) Descending Lost star
7.) Urgent Tuning

Inca Archetype Guide 180px-TempleoftheSunABPF-EN-C-1EInca Archetype Guide 180px-OneforOneDPCT-EN-S-LEInca Archetype Guide 180px-AncientForestANPR-EN-SR-1EInca Archetype Guide 180px-InstantFusionCP07-EN-C-UEInca Archetype Guide 180px-WickedRebirthRGBT-EN-C-1EInca Archetype Guide 180px-DescendingLostStarDP09-EN-C-1Inca Archetype Guide 180px-UrgentTuningCSOC-EN-SR-1E

I know there is more cards that could be useful in the deck, But I decided to simply list a few to give you a basic idea of what you can work with.

~Deck Strategy~

Pretty Simple for the most part really. Your going to want to get out your Two synchro monsters for the deck sooner than later to start setting up for your Loop so you can maintain field presence. If you can draw into your Skill Drain early on..you should be able to slow down your opponent while you get your strategy under way.
Once you have your loop going; You can focus on getting other synchro monsters out to assist. Stardust comes to mind here if you have Skill Drain out so you can still protect yourself and try to make sure you Skill Drain or iron wall doesn't get destroyed.

~Conclusion~

Overall the deck has nice strategies and potential to be strong if you can get the right cards out. How you run the deck is up to you, since it opens up for various builds depending how you wish to go about slowing down your opponent.
So in closing...I just want to say Thank You for taking the time to read my Article and hope you find it useful for getting to know a archetype and maybe sway you into trying them out.
If anyone wish's to give me any constructive opinions or ideas to improve my article; They would be gladly accepted.

P.S- If I have the time sometime soon; I will update my previous article on X-Sabers with pictures and additional info:)
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator
Scorpion67

Male Posts : 686
DUA Points : 3739

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 4
Experience:
Inca Archetype Guide Left_bar_bleue109/130Inca Archetype Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (109/130)
Win - Lose: 36- 6

PostSubject: Re: Inca Archetype Guide   Inca Archetype Guide Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:53 am

Wow what an article, i couldnt expect less from you Jalice Cool We definitly need a classroom here to put those articles

My friend show me that archtype once but i never really took a look at it so im verry happy that you made an article about the Inca Archtype because ur saving me hours of support searching Laughing But now u putted me in a big trouble, i dont know about what write my next article Shocked Just Kidding

I definitly have to try that Archtype thx a lot for the article Cool
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Duelist Information
Experience:
Inca Archetype Guide Left_bar_bleue83/100Inca Archetype Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (83/100)

PostSubject: Re: Inca Archetype Guide   Inca Archetype Guide Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:47 am

I'm feeling generous today, So I felt I would go ahead and post a Deck Build for those that haven't tried this archetype out yet.

Sun and Moon Skill Drain

Monsters ( 18 )

Exiled Force X2
Fire Ant Ascator X3
Supay X3
Oracle of the Sun X 3
Sangan X1
Morphing Jar X1
The Tricky X2
Vice Dragon X3

Magics ( 9 )

Brain Control X1
Giant Trunade X1
Heavy Storm X1
MST X1
Pot of Avarice X1
One for One X1
Vortex X1
Mind Control X1
Instant Fusion X1

Traps ( 13 )

Call of the Haunted X1
Dark Bribe X2
Iron Imperial Wall X2
Skill Drain X2
Limit Reverse X2
Mirror Force X1
Torrential Tribute X1
Solemn Judgement X1
Starlight Road <--Sub out for whatever you like for KC

That is a simple build you can use for a pretty generic skill drain Sun & Moon deck. You can add different tech if you want; Such as giant rats to speed up the search power, or add call of the reaper + level eater to help reborn your tuners from the grave easily.

Feel free to edit and run the deck how you wish Razz

~Jalice~
Back to top Go down
death-coder
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan

DUA Points : 208

Duelist Information
Experience:
Inca Archetype Guide Left_bar_bleue0/0Inca Archetype Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Win - Lose: 0 - 0

PostSubject: Re: Inca Archetype Guide   Inca Archetype Guide Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:36 pm

why dont u run this deck with cyber dragons ? ( i think cuz of not gettin him destroyed by bth or anything else while vice dragon cant ? )
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Duelist Information
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Inca Archetype Guide   Inca Archetype Guide Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:42 pm

death-coder wrote:
why dont u run this deck with cyber dragons ? ( i think cuz of not gettin him destroyed by bth or anything else while vice dragon cant ? )

You can use Cydra's if you want too. Vice does get under BTH though which is important since the tuners also get under bth,so only the synchro would be the target for a BTH upon summoning. Also..it just prevents any fortress plays..since those are quite frankly..annoying...

If you did run Cydra..you would probably want to run Honest's as well to go with the oracles. However its just how the build was made; Why I said you could change it accordingly Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inca Archetype Guide   Inca Archetype Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inca Archetype Guide
Page 1 of 1