Dueling Universe
Join Dueling Universe Academy....
Its currently growing up. Remember to be active.
Dueling Universe
Join Dueling Universe Academy....
Its currently growing up. Remember to be active.
Dueling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growing Academy- A place to learn,play,teach,test and enjoy. - Join now and be active

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
DUA is officially opened now for anyone who wants to join.

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator
Scorpion67

Male Posts : 686
DUA Points : 3739

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 4
Experience:
Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Left_bar_bleue109/130Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Empty_bar_bleue  (109/130)
Win - Lose: 36- 6

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Empty
PostSubject: Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated   Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:01 am

Its been a while i wanted to write about this and now that machinas had finaly hited KC I think this can be interesting. I play with gadget decks since they were realeased in the Machine Revolt Structure Deck and today i will share some of my knowledge about gadgets with you.

- Introduction -

Gadgets are in yugioh TCG for a while now and are one of my favorite decks around so i will be glad to share some of my gadgets knowledge with you. Gadgets can bu runned in several ways, but today i will write about the 2 most competitive ways to run them wich are " OTK " and " Oppression ".

- Play Style -

The principal thing you need to know about gadgets is that Gadgets are designed to gain card advantage during the duel so you will always have cards in your hand and your deck is thining each time you sumon a gadget so you have more chances to draw the cards that you need. The other thing you need to remember is that you are running small dudes so dont be affaraid to put lot of monster destruction cards like smashing ground because you always will have a monster in your hand and you will gain congtrol of the field very quickly.

- Gadget Staples -

I wont explain all the staple cards in a gadget deck because it will be very long so i will dress a list of them instead

Monsters

Green Gadget
Red Gadget
Yellow Gadget

Spells

Smashing Ground
Lightning Vortex
Fissure
Limiter Removal
Brain control
and all the other stapples

Traps

BTH
Mirror force
Torrential Tribute
D Prison
Trap Dust Shoot
Oppression ( For Gadget Oppression )
Ultimate Offering ( For Gadget OTK )

- Gadget OTK Overview -

The 1st variant of gadget deck i will talk about now is the oldest version of gadget deck " the gadget OTK ". This deck is based on combining Gadgets searching abilities when they are sumoned with the vicious effect of Ultimate offering. SO this is wath you wana do. You wana get Ultimate Offering as soon as possible on your side of the field. oyu will try to clean the field with some spells / traps or monsgter effects and have acces to a dirfect attack. then you sumon a gadget and go search for the other. activate ultimate offering, pay 500 lp's for an extra sumon, sumon another gadget and search for the other gadget. pay 500 lp's again for an extra sumon.... do this till you completly swarm the field and BOOM !!! go for a deadly attack. if you have a limiter removal on your hand during that tuyrn you can go for more than 12 000 damage. the funiest thing with that combo is that even if you swarm the field like a beast, you dont lose your card advantage. This deck got support not too long ago with the rellease of the Machina Mayhem Strucure deck and some of those monsters are now available on Kc so i will now dress a list of some of the support you can use for a gadget otk deck

IMPORTANT NOTE : UNLIKE THE OTHER GADGETS VARIANT, THIS ONE NEEDS 3 COPY OF EACH GADGET TO BE EFFECTIVE

PS: dont use all the cards i will list below in the same deck because it wont work. you have to choose wisely

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Ultima11

The main Card in this deck. you will need it for the otk and to keep field advantage. gadgets are pretty weak by them selves so they need more support cards than many of the other archtypes so ultimate offering is pretty usefull for them because they gain swarming ability and it help you to thin the deck faster.

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Future10

Pretty good card to if you run cyber dragon. You can gor for a chimeratech and dump all you machines in the graveyard to make food for your Overload Fusion, or you can simply go for an Intimidating Cyber Twin Dragon

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Beastk11

If you asked everypoeple if the effect of this monster to blow your opponent side of the field when you tribu 3 monsters is exploitable, almost 80% will answer NO. Now if you use Ultimate offering with gadgets and swarm the field you can tribute 3 gadgets and clear the way. then you sumon 4 more gadgets and end the duel

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Darkdu11

This monster pretty explains himself. he is a tributing lightning vortex. His effect is not as strong as barbaros but he is easier to sumon and can be a good alternative.

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated 400px-11

This monster is just amazing. A 1800 ATK Earth Machine SEARCHER. He keeps the flow of the deck going. He is like a gadget for the machinas Razz. He is really needed if you chose to run your deck with machinas.

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated 400px-12

One of the best machines around right now. Machina fortress is really easy to special sumon with your hand droping a gadget or another machine monster and all his other effecgts are just greath. dont need to say more about it i think.

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Cyberd10Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Chimer10Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Chimer11

Pretty much staples in this deck. If you run Cyber Dragon you cant afford to miss one this 2 fusions. the deck also need Overload Fusion to be effective if your main strategy get counter by your opponent. so you will have to go with a Overdragon in late game or a Chimerateck Fortress can be used in several ways so be sure ton include those 3 monsters in a Gadget OTK

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Elemen10

Prisma is used to drop a cyber dragon to the grave and fuse for a Fortress Dragon and can be a ACE card if you face another Machine Deck. So you can use Prisma effects in several ways

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Solida10

A Must if you chose to run your deck with pure machines. Dont forget that you run little dudes so the more back up you give them the more effective they will be. Just be sure that your deck is only make with machines or you will get an awfull drawback

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Gaiapo10

Many of the support cards that are compatible with gadgets are Earth monsters so this card can be really usefull sometimes. The best thing is that you dont need to run your deck with pure machines to get advantage of it and in the format we playing, you will rarely face a earth oriented deck.

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Ancien10Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated 400px-13

Since the realease of the Structure Deck " Machine Revolt " many people think that Gadgets and Ancient Gears belong togueter in the same deck. IMO Thats a BIG MISTAKE. AG's and gadgets are better by their own but this one monster is the exception. Geartown and Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon can be compatible in a Gadget deck if you use Gaia Power , Beast King Barbaros as support and Trade-In As Draw Engine.

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Neo-sp10

I kept the best for the end Wink .Neo-Spatian Grandmole Another small dude with a earth attribute that can bring support to our gadgets. his effect is just amazing and is very compatible with Ultimate Offering. Mole can help you to get rid of big threats for a turn and clear the way for OTK's but the most important thing about him is this one. Ultimate Offering can be used during your opponent battle phase too so can you see the potential ? You can sumon him during your opponent battle phase by paying only 500 lp's and and stall the battle phase + if your opponent cant get rid of it, that duel is almost yours.

- Gadgets OTK Conclusion -

So basicly this is the support cards for the Gadget OTK. If you search well you will probably find more support for gadgets, I know some more but i wanted to keep some strategies for myself or nobody will have to buy my decks no more if i reaveal everything i know because they will find it in my articles Razz but you have enough information here in this 1 page to know almost everything you need to know about this gadget variant

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Gadget Oppression Overview -

SO know that you know how the gadget OTK works we are going to take an overview about the most played variant of the gadget decks " The Gadget Oppression " . This is a slower than the OTK version but have better results in big tourneys due to his Anti-Meta Aspect. I dont think i need to say more about this so we are going directly to the support section.

PS : THIS VERSION IS USUALY PLAYED WITH ONLY 2 COPIES OF EACH GADGET

- Gadget Oppression Support -

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Royalo10

The main trap of this deck. Like i said before the deck is not as fast as the other version and counts on Royal oppression to stop meta decks or slow them down. You will rarely special sumon in a gadget deck so this card is suposed to only hurt your opponent.

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Dimens11

Some version of Anti-Meta gadgets can use D Fissure as main card in the deck because they dont need a graveyard to be effective because they dont use overload fusion or Pot of Avarice so why dont use it. You wont have Oppression on the field during all the duel so this card can be usefull when your oppression gets destroyed or when you dint get to draw it.

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Tragoe10

As I said before, when u play gadgets, ur playing hand advantage. Tragoedia used to be one of the most vicious cards in gadget decks before the 1st march 2010 banlist it wasnt to hard to bring a trago with 3000 atk on the field and keep the field advantage. Now that trago is limited, he is more use defensivly as a OTK stopser but he stills a broken card for gadgets

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Thunde10

Even if one of the effects of Rai-oh can block the gadgets ability effects, This card can slow down your opponent when you dont have Royal Oppresion on the field already

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Doomca10

Another Anti Meta Monster that conflicts a bit with gadgets effects but he can be very usefull and ca get rid of big threats wen used properly

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Cardgu10

Well this card is kinda under rated in my oppinion. Card guard can be really usefull in here because u can use his effect to protect your oppression from being destroyed pr event your D Fissure so why dont use him.

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Cyberd11

Pretty much a staple card here IMO -

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Kycoot10

The Anti-Meta Monster in therm of effects. Kycoo is pretty much a stuner and with all those meta decks running around that needs a graveyard to be effecgtive, you can take out their only hope of comming back in the duel.

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Legend10

Anti-Meta Monster so he can be good suport for the deck

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Ddassa10Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Ddwarr10Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Ddwarr11

All D.D Warriors can be included as support for this deck since this deck is all Anti-Meta Oriented

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated 400px-14Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated 400px-16

this deck only runs 2 of each gadget and dont have to much draw power so what you wana do with this is put your gadgets back in your deck to continue the gadget searching cycle and those cards also give you draw power.

So this is pretty much the support you can include in this type of gadget deck so i hope you liked my tutorial and learned something about it.

This is just the beta version, i had to do the tutorial twice today because an error ocured and i lost my article so i will update it tomorow with all the pics of the cards and with more information

PLZ Leave me your impressions Wink

Last edited by Scorpion67 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:00 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dreamfall
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan

DUA Points : 139

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 2
Experience:
Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Left_bar_bleue14/110Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Empty_bar_bleue  (14/110)
Win - Lose: 14 - 12

PostSubject: Re: Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated   Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:07 am

Ummm... ye they are cool.... always nice to get OTK'd by them from time to time xD thx for nice guide! keep on posting Wink
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Male Posts : 189
DUA Points : 1181

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 1
Experience:
Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Left_bar_bleue83/100Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Empty_bar_bleue  (83/100)
Win - Lose: 13 - 5

PostSubject: Re: Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated   Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:28 am

Add Pictures tongue

Overall though it covers the main purpose of gadgets and their builds. Also, Nice shout out for card guard..I do think it is a tad underrated...but then again...people are used to only using cookie cutter builds..deviate from it and you get called a noob Rolling Eyes

Great job man
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner
Tino The Sinner

Male Posts : 210
DUA Points : 1024

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 2
Experience:
Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Left_bar_bleue53/110Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Empty_bar_bleue  (53/110)
Win - Lose: 25 - 8

PostSubject: Re: Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated   Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:18 am

nice deck, have u thought about future fusion, it goes well with overload fusion to go for the OTK and you didnt mention scrap recycler to recycle your gadgets and to draw with it.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator
Scorpion67

Duelist Information
Experience:
Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Left_bar_bleue109/130Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Empty_bar_bleue  (109/130)

PostSubject: Re: Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated   Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:00 pm

ARTICLE UPDATED !!!!! *

Thx guys for the support

Quote :
nice deck, have u thought about future fusion, it goes well with overload fusion to go for the OTK and you didnt mention scrap recycler to recycle your gadgets and to draw with it.

Yeah sorry i forgot some things yesterday because i didnt had time to finish it completly. I did that article in the morning and i lost it so i had to redo again and i forgot things in my second version.l but its all ok now, thx for the remark Cool
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
Harper7000

Male Posts : 85
DUA Points : 484

Duelist Information
Experience:
Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Left_bar_bleue23/100Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Empty_bar_bleue  (23/100)
Win - Lose: 4 - 4

PostSubject: Re: Gadgets Guide 1.0   Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 7:08 am

Personally, I think either/both strategies will begin to be extremely popular in the metagame. Lightsworn and blackwing are still playable, but gadgets have so many advantages, even though they're little dudes. They have OTK, anti-meta, AND good hand advantage. thanks for the upload scorp! I think this'll help when I make my gadget deck. Or maybe I'll just buy yours xD
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Administrator
Administrator
Scorpion67

Duelist Information
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated   Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:10 pm

well everybody knows here that Im a hardcore zombie player but seriously, the deck implaying the most right now is my gadget oppresion deck. the deck is just doing very good against all the meta decks right now. A well builted Gadget Oppression can easily beat all the tier 1 decks and even a flame cat. Te only problem about them is that they need a really good side deck cuz pulling the rug and royal decree can kill ya for free
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Male Posts : 189
DUA Points : 1181

Duelist Information
Experience:
Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Left_bar_bleue83/100Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Empty_bar_bleue  (83/100)
Win - Lose: 13 - 5

PostSubject: Re: Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated   Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Scorpion67 wrote:
well everybody knows here that Im a hardcore zombie player but seriously, the deck implaying the most right now is my gadget oppresion deck. the deck is just doing very good against all the meta decks right now. A well builted Gadget Oppression can easily beat all the tier 1 decks and even a flame cat. Te only problem about them is that they need a really good side deck cuz pulling the rug and royal decree can kill ya for free

Very much so. Other random cards slightly hurt...like Deck Devestation virus, Rai-oh, king tiger...

There is really just alot of cards that can wreck gadgets. Which is one reason why i don't overlly like them..more so when having to play them face-up to simply search the other, leaves you a monster on the field asking to get ran over (unless you run alot of D-prison or trap holes,etc).

I would normally run the preferred Machina Gadget as it doesn't require you to depend on one for one cards and a gadget engine..which simply means..you have a monster to summon the next turn in place of what you summon...which..may not mean a whole lot of that new monster can't run over anything on the field to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated   Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gadgets Guide 1.0 Updated
Page 1 of 1