Dueling Universe
Join Dueling Universe Academy....
Its currently growing up. Remember to be active.
Dueling Universe
Join Dueling Universe Academy....
Its currently growing up. Remember to be active.
Dueling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Growing Academy- A place to learn,play,teach,test and enjoy. - Join now and be active

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
DUA is officially opened now for anyone who wants to join.

Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fox1987GW
Blackrose Violet
Blackrose Violet
Fox1987GW

Male Posts : 99
DUA Points : 333

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 2
Experience:
Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Left_bar_bleue26/110Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Empty_bar_bleue  (26/110)
Win - Lose: 11 - 33

Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Empty
PostSubject: Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect   Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 3:51 am

k a quick question, it's about this line:

Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to Special Summon as many Level 4 or lower Fish-Type monsters as possible from your Deck.

now me and vhoan where dueling and he used "Mirror of oath" to kill all cards i special summoned from deck, so my field was empty again.

Now the question is, since he reacts in chain to my last summon, did the effect of Coelacanth already end? Or can i just keep summoning till i can't anymore.

If so, can you chain with torrential tribute to coelanth's effect to summon 5 low lvl fishes and mill allot of monsters in the grave?

If this is not possible, can you keep summoning if someone uses trap hole for example on the first card you summoned?

Thx up front.

fox
Back to top Go down
vhoan_the_wolf
Blackrose Violet Leader
Blackrose Violet Leader
vhoan_the_wolf

Male Posts : 154
DUA Points : 345

Duelist Information
Experience:
Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Left_bar_bleue57/110Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Empty_bar_bleue  (57/110)
Win - Lose: 7 - 20

PostSubject: Re: Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect   Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:06 am

my thought was since his monster effect is that once the limit of cards he can summon is maxed he cant summon any more ?? im sure mirror of oath works against this monsters effect

Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to Special Summon as many Level 4 or lower Fish-Type monsters as possible from your Deck.

here is mirror card text

Activate only when your opponent Special Summons a monster(s) from their Deck. Destroy that monster(s) and draw 1 card.
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Male Posts : 189
DUA Points : 1181

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 1
Experience:
Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Left_bar_bleue83/100Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Empty_bar_bleue  (83/100)
Win - Lose: 13 - 5

PostSubject: Re: Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect   Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:56 am

Allow me to explain this as best as I can.

First off you have coalcanths effect. When you summon him; you can then call priority for his ignition effect to use it as chain link one if you desire.

*If you don't understand priority; then I would advice you look it up.

When his effect is activated; you discard one card for the cost (card cost's are NOT optional and must be met; whether the card is negated or not). then your opponent can chain a card that negates monster effects..so anything like Doomcaliber knight..divine wrath...royal oppression,etc

If coalcanths effect goes off without a chain; then you MUST summon level 4 or lower fish type monsters from your deck until all of your open monster card zones are filled up.

At this point..monsters are considered special summoned and your opponent has the option to activate a card in response to that.

In this case; mirror of oath would be activated to destroy all monsters special summoned by coalcanths effect, and given they came from the deck..your opponent is allowed to draw one card as per his card's effect.

At this point Coalcanth's effect has done resolved and his "once per turn" limitation has been met; so you now have to wait till next turn to re-use his effect.

Hopefully that clears it up for you.
Back to top Go down
vhoan_the_wolf
Blackrose Violet Leader
Blackrose Violet Leader
vhoan_the_wolf

Male Posts : 154
DUA Points : 345

Duelist Information
Experience:
Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Left_bar_bleue57/110Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Empty_bar_bleue  (57/110)
Win - Lose: 7 - 20

PostSubject: Re: Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect   Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:47 am

so in short i was right and my oath wins Smile thanks a lot
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner
Tino The Sinner

Male Posts : 210
DUA Points : 1024

Duelist Information
Experience:
Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Left_bar_bleue53/110Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Empty_bar_bleue  (53/110)
Win - Lose: 25 - 8

PostSubject: Re: Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect   Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:20 am

once starlight road comes out, mirror of oaths is not gonna be that good
Back to top Go down
JaliceDakari
Stardust Cyan
Stardust Cyan
JaliceDakari

Male Posts : 189
DUA Points : 1181

Duelist Information
Duelist Level: 1
Experience:
Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Left_bar_bleue83/100Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Empty_bar_bleue  (83/100)
Win - Lose: 13 - 5

PostSubject: Re: Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect   Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:17 pm

Tino The Sinner wrote:
once starlight road comes out, mirror of oaths is not gonna be that good

Starlight Road is ok.

I see how alot of people build their decks using different cards to get around that card. I don't even see torrential being used as much anymore...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect   Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth effect
Page 1 of 1